ABOUT ¬¬- SUBSCRIBE ¬¬- CONTACT ¬¬- DONATE ¬¬- HOW TO HELP ¬¬- FACEBOOK ¬¬- LINKEDIN ¬¬- TWITTER ¬¬- STORE

Friday, January 4, 2008

Sloan '83: My return from Kenya

(Thank you, Joe, for sending this!) Received today from Joe Sloan '83:

Sue,
I noticed your comments about hearing from someone in Kenya and I assume that is me. Thankfully I left Nairobi several weeks before the current wave of violence exploded upon this otherwise beautiful country and its kind and generous people. It is deeply disturbing to me what is happening is there right now. My dear Kenyan friends do not have much hope that the situation will improve in the next few days or weeks. How did people learn to be so cruel to each other?
Currently I am comfortably at home in Washington DC with my loving wife and kids and have no plans to return to Kenya -- or anywhere else in East Africa -- any time soon since the network's part of the assignment I was dealing with there is basically done. I am, however, waiting to travel to Beirut and to India/Pakistan depending upon how the situation in these areas develops (depending also, of course, on how long I can stay in the good graces of my beautiful, kind, loving and understanding wife).
They told me when I interviewed for this job years ago not to expect too much travel and that there would be no "dangerous travel". How things have changed!

BTW -- Are any Aggies out there expecting to make it to RTNDA or NAB in Las Vegas this year?

Joe Sloan
Director of Network Operations and Production
Class of '83

0 comments: