With graduation right around the corner, college seniors are feeling pressure to land their first journalism job in the midst of an economic downturn. To help navigate the job-hunting process, this Webinar will give you insight on how to approach building a career.
It's run by Poynter's career center director, Colleen Eddy, and Joe Grimm of Ask the Recruiter, a very useful column on journalism jobs.
They plan to include:
- Identifying your unique skills and talents
- Determining where you want to work and why
- Creating a resume (traditional and video), cover letter and a personal elevator pitch
- Asking for references
- Negotiating a salary package
- Developing a long-term career plan
- Navigating the workplace