ABOUT ¬¬- SUBSCRIBE ¬¬- CONTACT ¬¬- DONATE ¬¬- HOW TO HELP ¬¬- FACEBOOK ¬¬- LINKEDIN ¬¬- TWITTER ¬¬- STORE

Monday, July 4, 2011

My new gig! Same newsroom, totally different job

Hey, I wanted to let all my friends here know about my latest job switch: I could not be more happy to say I'm going to be a reporter for PolitiFact Texas!

During 16 years at the Statesman, I have done a bunch of different things, worked in news, business, sports, the Willco bureau and most recently features, as copy chief. But working on PolitiFact is a whole new animal, and I cannot wait to get started.

PolitiFact Texas was the first "franchise" of the national PolitiFact; there are now eight more in assorted states. I liked the idea from the get-go, and indeed somehow weaseled my way into the initial PolitiFact training held before the Texas edition launched in January 2010.

Truth! Democracy! Politics! ... Well, at least those things sometimes overlap. :) Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Jay Janner said...

Congratulations and good luck!