ABOUT ¬¬- SUBSCRIBE ¬¬- CONTACT ¬¬- DONATE ¬¬- HOW TO HELP ¬¬- FACEBOOK ¬¬- LINKEDIN ¬¬- TWITTER ¬¬- STORE

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Meet Paul McGrath '78, Houston Chronicle

Paul McGrath
Class of '78
Houston Chronicle (25 years)
Asst. News Editor

Basically I do Page 1 once or twice a week and design the A-section (national and world pages) three or four times a week on the news copydesk. I recently received a Jesse Award as the Chronicle's copy editor of the year and won the annual headline contest -- which helped pay for my cruise over spring break.

I teach twice a week at UH Clear Lake (media writing and editing) and guest lecture when asked. How long have I been teaching? Well, a student who was in my first class at UH in 1990 has just joined the Chronicle as a journeyman. Seems like my fish year wasn't that long ago.....

My wife, Elizabeth, an assistant principal in Spring Branch ISD, and I live in Cypress. My son Brian and his wife live in north Dallas. My stepdaughter Kristina will soon be leaving the nest for college, but our hockey player, Alex, will be with us a bit longer.

You can reach me at superag1 (at) yahoo.com.

0 comments: