ABOUT ¬¬- SUBSCRIBE ¬¬- CONTACT ¬¬- DONATE ¬¬- HOW TO HELP ¬¬- FACEBOOK ¬¬- LINKEDIN ¬¬- TWITTER ¬¬- STORE

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Student says: Your bios are helpful!

Former students, thank you for the bios you have sent in, and please send more. See kind words from current student below:

-------------------------------------------------

My name is Matthew Watkins and I am a student and aspiring journalist at Texas A&M. I was checking out this year's journalist-in-residence page and stumbled upon your blog. I just wanted to shoot you an e-mail and let you know how much I appreciate you taking the time to help us current Aggies out!

It is true that motivated, talented Aggie journalists are around Aggieland, but we need all the help we can get. I was in Dr. Sumpter's class last year and it was without a doubt the most
beneficial course have taken since I have been here. If they would let me take it again I would sign up in a second. I really believe that classes like that and the time I spent at the Batt (I worked there for about a year and a half, now I work part time for the Eagle) are providing me with a strong journalism education.

However, there are still voids that need to be filled. I think I am not alone among students wishing there were more places for to go for guidance. A blog like yours is very helpful in that way. I was encouraged just to see the bio's of some other Aggie journalists who have already been so successful in the business. It makes me feel a lot less alone as I am beginning to start my own hunt for one of those elusive journalism jobs.

Anyways thanks again for the blog!

Matthew Watkins '08

0 comments: