ABOUT ¬¬- SUBSCRIBE ¬¬- CONTACT ¬¬- DONATE ¬¬- HOW TO HELP ¬¬- FACEBOOK ¬¬- LINKEDIN ¬¬- TWITTER ¬¬- STORE

Friday, November 2, 2007

In the year 2017 ...


Marshall Loeb of MarketWatch writes that within a few years:
  • We'll all carry paper-thin 8.5x11 computer screens that work like an iPhone.
  • A major newspaper will shut its print operation, going Web-only, and the others will fall like dominoes.
  • Journalists' jobs will change permanently and become richer.
  • Consumers will glory in so much free content at their fingertips.
Is the part in the middle where most of us get fired? However, I do really like this part:
These heady prospects may well be the main reason that so many journalism professors say that more and more of the brightest and best students are applying for journalism school now.
And heck yes, I want my shiny Jetsons tablet. I can absolutely see myself carrying an electronic piece of paper around instead of my beat-up calendar.

Your thoughts on 2017?

0 comments: