ABOUT ¬¬- SUBSCRIBE ¬¬- CONTACT ¬¬- DONATE ¬¬- HOW TO HELP ¬¬- FACEBOOK ¬¬- LINKEDIN ¬¬- TWITTER ¬¬- STORE

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hotel rooms for Oct. 11 going fast

I was just clicking around for hotel accommodations in B/CS on the weekend of the FJSA Fall Reception and, as is usual with football weekends, the picture is already dismal. If you haven't been back for a game in a while, there are lots of new hotels (whoop!), but they very often crank up the rates (like, $200 and up) and require a 2-night minimum stay on football home game weekends (hisss).

Warnings: A couple hotels showed rooms available via online portals (Expedia, Orbitz) that were not available through the chain's own Web site (so I suspect they aren't really available), and if you were able to get one of these rooms booked online I'd be sure and check with a human being, anyway. Conversely, a lot of hotels disallow online booking for those weekends and so you may actually have better luck with the humans.

A good tip I've gotten is to check with the Convention and Visitors Bureau, who are said to know updates about room availability.

I found a kind friend who is allowing me to crash, and if you want to coordinate room sharing/give advice/recommend places, etc., may I suggest our lovely, free and spacious online forum, where no registration is required to post.

0 comments: