ABOUT ¬¬- SUBSCRIBE ¬¬- CONTACT ¬¬- DONATE ¬¬- HOW TO HELP ¬¬- FACEBOOK ¬¬- LINKEDIN ¬¬- TWITTER ¬¬- STORE

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Newsroom is where new Batt editor is happy, she writes

Here's a column addressing the university from the Battalion's new editor-in-chief for fall 2008 and spring 2009, Nicole Alvarado. A couple excerpts:
I started at The Battalion as a reporter. I wrote general news stories, but began covering the Corps of Cadets beat before long. Despite all the difficulties I encountered in reaching people and making stories interesting and informative, I was truly happy. I had finally found my niche.

... Four semesters and four positions later, I find myself locked away in the basement of the Memorial Student Center five nights a week, eyes glued to a computer screen, watching the time with bated breath. Deadlines, stories, copy editing, AP Style…industry terms rush through my head as quickly as the second hand on the clock. The adrenaline rush and positive stress of working for the paper is what really gets my blood pumping. I can't imagine myself being this happy with any other job.

0 comments: