ABOUT ¬¬- SUBSCRIBE ¬¬- CONTACT ¬¬- DONATE ¬¬- HOW TO HELP ¬¬- FACEBOOK ¬¬- LINKEDIN ¬¬- TWITTER ¬¬- STORE

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Steffy '86: Deep in the Chron's emergency bunker

I received this great dispatch Friday afternoon from the Houston Chronicle's Loren Steffy '86, but tragically I missed it until going back through my e-mails just now. Argh! Still, it is good to know that the Chron properly values and protects some of their finest:
I'm sitting here in the Chronicle's hurricane bunker, where we have a skeleton crew ready to put out the paper if Chron Central downtown loses power. Oddly, the Chron has sent most of its Aggies up here -- me, Ronnie Crocker and Paul McGrath. This is sort of our Al Haig moment. The entire fate of one of the country's biggest newspapers could rest in our hands. The bunker is designed to withstand almost any natural disaster, so it should be able to withstand us. The bunker's location is, of course, a secret, much like Dick Cheney's, but I can tell you it's somewhere in Montgomery County.

0 comments: