ABOUT ¬¬- SUBSCRIBE ¬¬- CONTACT ¬¬- DONATE ¬¬- HOW TO HELP ¬¬- FACEBOOK ¬¬- LINKEDIN ¬¬- TWITTER ¬¬- STORE

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

NewsU offers free Online Media Law course

Poynter's NewsU has a new course, Online Media Law: The Basics for Bloggers and Other Online Publishers, designed both for newbies and for longtime journalists tiptoeing out on the Web.

It's one of their online courses that you can take anytime -- not like the Webinars, which are on great topics too, but always seem to be held right when I'm on deadline. When I took their Math course it even let you stop, save your place and come back to it. (Math takes me a while sometimes.) More details:
This course addresses three important areas of media law that specifically relate to gathering information and publishing online: defamation, privacy and copyright.

....See what the law says and learn about new legal developments and related protections and risks for bloggers and other online publishers. Know what red flags you should watch for to stay on safe legal ground. Test your new knowledge on some recent court cases involving bloggers in the "You Be the Judge" activities.

The course is offered free to registered NewsU users, which I am, at least if I can remember my *$&%# password. See you in class! I'll be sitting up toward the front, wearing my "Farmers Fight" sweatshirt and drinking a Dr Pepper.

0 comments: